Pre-contract Stage is about clarification of what Builder/Shipyard is offering and/or making sure that Client’s wishes and requirements are delivered and these are properly documented in the Yacht Construction Agreement and its annexes. The process can start as early as from design development stage or review of the proposals.
- Concept development,
- Compiling wish-lists and requirements,
- Coordination of information flow between Builder, Client and other involved parties,
- Comparison analysis of the proposals for scope, quality and cost,
- Quotation, Specification, design and contract review,
New Construction Stage
New Construction Stage is about ensuring that the shipyard/builder complies with the contractual obligations outlined in the Yacht Construction Agreement and it annexes; Technical Specifications, Drawings, Construction, Delivery Schedule and other essential addendums.
For the purpose, a line of communication is established between the parties involved and periodical visits are performed to supervise the new build process and address issues in advance to prevent cost overruns and delays.
Supervision not only covers verification of compliance and inspection of the workmanship, material, fitout, machinery and equipment but also of the progress of the contract, changes, registration, Client supply items.
- Review the Contract and its annexes for consistency and compliance with the Client’s requirements and carry out necessary communications,
- Review of construction drawings and documents ensuring compliance with the specifications, Client’s and statutory requirements,
- Periodical visits to monitor and supervise the building process at the Shipyard and where necessary its subcontractors to ensure that the workmanship, finishes, equipment and materials supplied are of the standards specified and common yacht building practice as well as Classification Society and Flag State requirements,
- Monitor the Shipyard’s schedule to ensure compliance with the delivery time agreed
- Coordinate communication between Client and his teams, builder and other vendors,
- Review, negotiate and approve change orders requested by the Client and follow-up the implementation,
- Monitor and approve construction stage payments,
- Management and follow-up of Client’s obligations; decisions and timely delivery of Client supply items,
- Review of draft agendas for tests and trials and oversee of tests, trials and surveys,
- Preparation of comments/remarks and notices for installations, executions, tests and trials for the acceptance,
- Review of all delivery documentation including drawings, manuals, Classification Society and Flag State certificates,
- Coordinate development of recommended provisions and spare parts list with the crew,
- Assist and advise on Registration procedures and insurance,
- Assist and supervise with handover and delivery of the Vessel and provide details of any minor non-conformities at delivery